Sunday 31 October 2010

GREY SKIES DRAPING HALLOWEEN


This morning was a bonus event. Awaking slowly around 8 AM I slouched into the living room to start brewing my breakfast coffee, when it dawned on me that I actually was an early riser.  I had managed to get up at 7 AM wintertime! To celebrate the hour gained, a picture was taken from my balcony as usually.

At our Northern altitude dawn is ever encroaching on the day. Soon it will be dark when rising at this time in the morning.  Furthermore, if the weather is mild and the wind slow, late autumn is ”blessing” us by covering the sky with a foggy veil, announcing the impending winter with grey days that seem to last forever. This nice day of Halloween is no exception to the rule. The morning was starting in grey and the sun will not be allowed to show itself for another day or two.

To finish this post on a more positive note, last week a relative of mine paid me a visit. Upon entering the apartment she took a look at the scenery below my windows and exclaimed: “Emil, you have to take a picture of the view immediately!” Of course, I hastened to oblige her and you can see the result below. I have to compliment Maj’s photographic eye. A pity she doesn’t have a camera to embody her visions.