Sunday 4 May 2014

PINK COTTON BALLS IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA

Pink cotton balls in the blue

This morning, I woke up a bit early, as often happens in late spring, when the sun is rising ever earlier. It was around 5 am and I tip-toed out to my balcony on shaky feet. Still half-asleep, without my glasses, just savoring the clear and calm atmosphere of an early Sunday morning. 

Leaning on the balcony rails, my eyes turned downward. To my myopic surprise, I thought to see cosy pink cotton balls playing early games in the deep below. Back inside to fetch the Nikon and document this scene! I was lucky to be without my glasses. Being extremely near-sighted, I just about could make out the fuzzy balls and click on them. With my glasses on, I surely would have examined the structured view of Hammarby Sound in its entirety, and disregarded the romantic color play below my toes. 

What did the sky look like to provide me with such childish pleasures? Well, I went back again inside to fetch my glasses and get a sharp look at the world. To my surprise, I had to stretch my neck upwards considerably, to identify the rosy clouds up there in the sky that caused the color play below my toes. How lucky I was to get them so conveniently placed for my near-sighted appreciation!

Rosy clouds over Hammarby Sound


8 comments:

Hans Christian Cars said...

När ska Du boka Liljevalchs eller någon annan liknande lokal för utställning av Dina fotografiska konstverk?

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture. You are fortunate to be living in such a nice area. I loved reading your trip through Utah. And you sure are a great writer. Jerry

Anonymous said...

Vackert!
Göran W

Robin Miege said...

Dear Emil
Congratulations!
Your photos from your apartment are smashing and I enjoy your blog.
Childhood is never too far. Important to go back to it from time to time
I did retire from the Commission in January and decided to dedicate more time to an activity I kept rather secret during my working years.
I feel it’s now its time to get it out in the open
You can find out about it at www.robinmiege.com
hope you like it
best wishes
Robin

Eva said...

Dear Emil,
It is true that you can experience some lovely sceneries when waking up during the very early morning hours! Unfortunately they are often vanished when the "real" morning begins! Congratulations on your very beautiful picture!

Kind regards
Eva

Anonymous said...

Thank you Emil, whatever you produce is something special! My great admiration for all these talents!
Frank

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Emil!
Yours,
Nils

Anonymous said...

Dear Emil
You have a nice view from your kitchen!
I do hope you will have a nice summer in Sweden.
I look forward to seeing you in Schlaraffia in october.
Rt. Aesculapius